Currently seeking an experienced Interventional Radiologic Technologist to fill a contract position with Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. The ideal Rad Tech will be A.R.R.T. registered, VIR or CVIR certified and have Interventional Radiology Technologist experience.
Responsibilities of Interventional Radiology Technologist
- Assist in the maintenance of the archiving and recording of patient studies.
- Accept accountability and responsibility for all technical demands in the IR Clinic.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of radiation protection standards, devices, and techniques including concepts of accumulated dosage and genetic changes, effects of radiation on living organisms and the effects of x-ray techniques on patient and operator exposure in order to assure that adequate safeguards are maintained.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of aspects of basic physics including the concepts of energy, electrical power and types of circuits, construction and use of x-ray tubes and the properties of x-rays in order to understand the operation of the x-ray equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of physiology and anatomy, such as the location, appearance and function of various major and minor systems susceptible to Radiologic exposure and the physical abnormalities with most diseases or lesions which are customarily depicted by the procedures performed in the IR Clinic, in order to interpret examination requests accurately.
- Demonstrate knowledge required to operate intravenous (I.V.) and dye injector pumps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Interventional Radiology Technologist
- Graduate from an interventional radiology technologist education program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- MUST have a minimum 2 years of experience as an Interventional Radiology Technologist.
- MUST possess Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) that is approved by the American Heart Association and reads BLS Healthcare Provider Course in the subjects listed.
- MUST possess a Certificate of Vascular-Interventional Radiology (VIR) or Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology (CVIR).
- Current registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) as a Registered Technologist (R.T.) (ARRT).
As an incentive, we offer extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Interventional Radiology Technologist experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: (VIR) or (CVIR)?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR/BLS?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?