Radiologist – (Academic)
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Radiologist to fill openings with a company located in Bethesda, MD. Interested candidates should have a Degree as Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the U.S. or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body. Graduates of foreign medical schools practicing in the U.S. are required to possess both a medical license and certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMGP) or Fifth Pathway and experience of at least 3 years in the previous 5 years.
- The ideal candidate will be a full-time practicing radiologist with clinical radiology responsibilities, as well as responsibilities for instructing physicians in performing and interpreting radiologic examinations/studies. The ideal candidate shall perform essentially the same duties and be expected to have comparable productivity as those required of any military or government civil service physician of similar experience, in similar duty assignments, in the same facility.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic images not necessarily limited to: Neuroradiology, Body Imaging, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Ultrasonography, Pediatric Radiology, Computerized Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, CT-Angiography, Virtual Colonoscopy, or other subspecialties of Diagnostic Radiology.
- Determines applicability of requested procedures. Recognizes and obtains essential and accurate information about patients pertinent to the radiological examination requested.
- Develops a diagnostic plan based upon the clinical questions and relevant clinical, radiological, and pathologic information.
- Oversees diagnostic imaging to ensure adequacy of studies performed.
- Counsels patients concerning preparation for diagnostic testing including informed consent and conscious sedation.
- Provides appropriate patient/family member teaching and education; evaluates effectiveness and level of patient/family member understanding of material.
- Performs image guided biopsies; intra-articular aspirations and infusions; drainage of abscesses; and lumbar punctures using fluoroscopy, computed tomography, or ultrasound.
- Administers conscious sedation in the performance of the image guided procedures listed above.
- Provides a clear and informative written radiological report including a precise diagnosis whenever possible, a differential diagnosis when appropriate, and recommended follow-up or additional studies when appropriate.
- Performs fluoroscopic procedures of the gastrointestinal and genitourinary tracts. Instructs radiology personnel in desired techniques, positions, and projections.
- Provides direct communication to the referring physician or appropriate clinical personnel when interpretation reveals an urgent or unexpected finding in the radiological report.
- Determines the need for referral for cases that are not within the capability of the radiology department resources.
- Provides professional opinion in regard to radiology services.
- Attends and participates in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as determine by the Chief of the affected Department.
- Prepares all records and reports as required by the MTF policies, Federal law, or Department of Defense regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Degree as Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the U.S. or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body. Graduates of foreign medical schools practicing in the U.S. are required to possess both a medical license and certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMGP) or Fifth Pathway
Certifications/Licensures: Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred but not required.
Shall possess current board certification from the American Board of Radiology.
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How many years of Radiology (Academic) experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: ACLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: board certification?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?