|Location:||Andrews AFB, MD|
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Cardiologist to fill openings with a company located at Joint Base Andrews, (MD & Anacostia – Bolling, D.C.) Interested candidates should Hold a Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, or Doctor of Osteopathy Degree (DO) from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and have a minimum of one of the last three years in active Pediatrics practice. Residency/training is considered equivalent to active Pediatrics practice.
- Reviews all cardiology referrals. Examines and treats newly referred cardiology patients. Provides a plan of care and recommends appropriate follow-up care.
- Responds to walk-ins of acutely ill cardiology patients. Examines, treats, and provides plan of care and recommendations for follow-up care. Refers patients for emergency care and treatment as their condition requires and prescribe and administer drugs.
- Provide and document medical advice to patients by telephone as appropriate
- In extraordinary circumstances, in which the life of a patient may be at risk, assist the ECC physicians with expert cardiology opinion urgently in the MTF ECC
- Initial evaluation, consultation, and follow-up care including pacemaker clinics.
- Performance and interpretation of noninvasive cardiology evaluation including EKGs, Holter monitors, treadmills, and echocardiographs.
- Follow and provide medical care for the internal medicine problems of cardiology patients.
- Performs transesophageal echocardiograms and diagnose cardiac catheterization.
- Temporary pacemaker insertion.
- Provide one-on-one instruction for adult nurse practitioner students, physician assistant interns, medical students, interns, and residents.
- Manages critically ill cardiac patients in the ICU.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Hold a Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, or Doctor of Osteopathy Degree (DO) from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
Certifications/Licensures: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification
Current board certification in Pulmonology by the American Board of Internal Current board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiology.
Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: ACLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Current board certification?
- How many years of Cardiologist experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?