|Position||Registered Nurse (Travel), Labor and Delivery|
|Location:||Fort Riley, KS|
Labor and Delivery RN’s
CentralCare Inc. has several exciting employment opportunities in Ft. Riley, KS!! We are seeking Travel (L&D) “Labor and Delivery” Registered Nurses (RN’s) to join our team at Irwin Army Community Hospitali!. This facility serves active duty personnel, their family members and retirees.
The benefits of joining the CentralCare, Inc. team as a L&D RN include:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Weekly Stipend: $1000 for 40 hours/wk (Prorated if less hrs/wk)……………………Non taxable
- OT/Holiday Rate: $65/hr
- Weekday on call rate: $8/hr
- Weekend/Holiday on-call rates: $10/hr
- Comprehensive health package, including:
- Major health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401a and 401k plan
- Paid time-off and paid holidays
Qualifications (L&D, RN’s must have):
- (1) Year of experience caring for Labor and Delivery patients as a RN within the past 3 years.
- Graduate of an accredited college with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- Have and maintain a valid, unencumbered state license, with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action within any US state or territory.
REQUIREMENTS of an L&D, RN:
- Must be flexible with scheduled shifts
- Required to be on-call one shift per pay period for 12 hours
- Perform and record skilled physical assessments of normal and complicated gravid women and newborn infants to include vital and neurological signs with fetal heart tones, vaginal and speculum exams with a determination of dilation, effacement, station, presentation and rupture of amniotic membranes, and symptoms/history associated with alterations in the pregnancy/delivery process.
- Apply, operate, and accurately interpret external fetal monitors for purposes of fetal assessment during non-stress tests, contraction stress and labor; and with unit, verification applies fetal scalp probes.
- Operate complex monitoring and resuscitation equipment including bag/valve/mask ventilation, cardiac monitors, infusion pumps, pulse oximeter, radiant warmers, and nasopharyngeal gastric suction devices.
- Perform emergency vaginal precipitous deliveries, titrate Magnesium Sulfate, Tocolytic, and Pitocin infusions in response to labor patterns and fetal well-being, function as circulating nurse during operative deliveries.
- Assist the physician with placement of intrauterine pressure catheters, fetal scalp sampling, amino infusions, regional anesthesia, cesarean and vaginal deliveries include infant resuscitation, forceps and vacuum extraction.
- Perform peripheral phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, cord blood sampling, electrocardiograms and urinary catheterization.
- Provide post-anesthesia recovery and postoperative care for patients under regional and general anesthesia to include post-op cerclage, and for patient’s post-delivery.
- Care for patients undergoing specific testing and routine labor monitoring such as Oxytocin Challenge Test, Non-Stress Test and amniocentesis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: ACLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS/CPR?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Registered Nurse (RN)?
- How many years of Labor and Delivery experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?