|Position||REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST|
CentralCare Inc. is currently looking for a Dental Hygienist for an opening in the Fort Wainwright and Fairbanks, AK area. The ideal candidate will possess Dental Hygienist experience and be a Registered Dental Hygienist.
Responsibilities of the Registered Dental Hygienist
- Examine patient’s oral cavity to include mouth, throat, and pharynx, and record conditions of teeth and surrounding tissues. Refer patients to dentist who have abnormalities to include cavities, defective fillings, suspicious growths, or periodontal disease.
- Apply desensitizing and other topical agents to treat abnormalities to include gingivitis and oral ulceration.
- Instruct patients, individually and in groups, in proper oral hygiene care using materials to include teeth models, displays, slides, toothbrushes, dental floss, disclosing tablets and mirrors.
- Demonstrate proper techniques of brushing, flossing, and use of necessary periodontal aids.
- Explain the common causes of tooth decay and its relationship to general diet.
- Take impressions and construct sports/safety mouth guards and soft night guards for vital bleaching.
- Polish restorations and apply pit and fissure sealants.
- Chairside dental assisting when directed by the Officer-In-Charge of the dental clinic.
- Record patients treated. Check and maintain instruments to ensure working condition. Clean, sharpen, and sterilize instruments.
- Patient Workload, Readiness, and Scheduling. Utilizes the Corporate Dental Application to enter patient-specific workload and readiness status and also for patient scheduling.
- All services shall be performed in accordance with established principles, practices, and ethics of the medical, and specialty professions/organizations
Requirements of the Registered Dental Hygienist
- Associate’s Degree
- Graduate of an acceptable dental hygiene program, to include certification in Radiology that qualifies them to obtain a state license
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Dental Hygiene
- Possess an active, current, valid, and unrestricted license in at least one of the 50 states, and/or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or territories of the United States
- The license must remain active, current, valid, and unrestricted during the life of the contract
- Possess Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) that is approved by the American Heart Association and reads Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers in the subjects listed
- Must be able to communicate and effectively explain dental procedures
- Must be able to work with all ages
- Must have great Customer Services Skills
As an incentive, we offer extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How many years of Dental Hygienist experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR/BLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Dental Hygienist?
- Are you in Fort Wainwright, AK?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?