|Location:||Andrews AFB, MD|
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Pulmonologist to fill openings with a company located on Joint Base Andrews, MD and Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling, DC. Interested candidates should Hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, or Doctor of Osteopathy Degree (DO) from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and have a minimum of one of the last three years in active s practice. Residency/training is considered equivalent to active practice.
- Diagnoses and treats diseases.
- Prepare and review case histories and clinical records.
- Perform diagnostic procedures including x-ray examinations, clinical laboratory tests, and pulmonary function tests.
- Develop treatment plans and coordinate care with other medical-service providers.
- Prescribes treatment for internal diseases as drugs, physical therapy, and dietary regimens.
- Provides pulmonary services during normally scheduled hours of performance, to include on-call for ECC consults during duty hours when applicable.
- Perform full range of pulmonary outpatient services.
- Offer instructions to adult nurse practitioner students, physician assistant interns, medical students, interns, and residents in the form of clinical rotations.
- Consult with appropriate specialists.
- Write initial admission orders.
- Prescribe and administer drugs.
- Examine, diagnose and treat diseases and disorders of the respiratory system.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications/Licensures: Basic Life Support (BLS).
Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
Current board certification in Pulmonology by the American Board of Internal Current board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiology.
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Please be prepared to answer the the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Current board certification?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice?
- How many years of Pulmonology experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?