|Position||Physician (Medical Evaluation Board)|
|Location:||Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, DC|
Physician – Medical Evaluation Board (MEB)
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Physician (MEB) to fill openings with a company located on Joint Base Andrews, MD and Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling, DC.
Interested candidates should have graduated from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada and have a minimum of 1-year experience within preceding three (3) years. In addition, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience, within the last seven (7) years, working in military medical or clinic facility.
Shall have a strong working knowledge of the military healthcare system.
- Review diagnoses code listed in the medical board report, using ICD-9-CM codes on a daily basis as required. Ensure that the ICD-9 code is appropriate for the patient’s medical diagnosis.
- Follow established guidelines/standards, relating to Army/Navy retention standards, in accordance with regulations, Army Physical Disability System, Disability Evaluation System, Veterans Administration Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD) and other essential policies, for the purposes of conducting MEBs.
- Compile reports, ensuring that a copy of the completed medical board report for each member is maintained on file and that a copy of the medical board report cover sheet is properly coded and forwarded to the NNMC as required annually.
- Review available medical records of all military personnel referred by medical staff for possible disability processing and assess the condition of the service member in accordance with applicable regulations. • Make a recommendation if the Soldier/Sailor meets retention standards and if further evaluation or treatment is likely to result in meeting retention standards.
- Make appropriate profile recommendation for disability processing.
- Review the individuals’ record on the Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL), who has been directed to undergo a periodic physical examination.
- Review medical records and examines Soldiers/Sailors being referred for Fitness for Duty (FFD) and Active Duty Medical Extension (ADME) evaluations.
- Make further treatment recommendations examinations, utilizing advice from specialty clinics.
- Act as a consultant to Director of Patient Affairs and staff, or referring physicians concerning medical retention or fitness for duty issues.
- Assume responsibility as the Primary Care Manager (PCM) for Sailors/Soldiers undergoing MEB’s and their families.
- Meet with patient’s families or Command representatives to coordinate, explain and answer questions regarding the administrative aspects of military healthcare.
- Provide advice and opinions upon request by the Director of Patient Affairs or the referring physician.
- Shall assume additional administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinic operations and ensure compliance with JC standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Physician will possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association.
Certifications/Licensures: Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Board eligible or board certified.
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: ACLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS?
- How many years of military healthcare experience do you have?
- How many years of Physician (MEB) experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?