|Location:||Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, DC|
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Physiatrist to fill openings with a company located on Joint Base Andrews, MD and Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling, DC.
Interested candidates should have graduated from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and been continuously employed, for a minimum of four years.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat medical conditions and diseases IAW with MTF policy and acceptable practices.
- Prepare and review case histories, laboratory reports and obtain data through interviews of patients.
- Prescribe medication(s), treatment modalities and oversee technicians in procedures and treatments IAW MTF protocols, Joint Commission (JC), and best practices.
- Provide consultation services for members of the MTF and staff for purposes of specialty area training.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and receiving a request for consultations and laboratory work for specific patients. The HCP shall complete medical charting within 3 business days of patient visit IAW with JC guidelines.
- Provide advice/opinions upon request by the Chief Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Services.
- When necessary provide a Statement on Evaluation of Fitness IAW AR-40-501 and completion of Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) dictation /paperwork.
- Responsible for providing medical care during the required work hours, including routine call, as designated by the medical treatment facility (MTF), and shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
- Assume additional administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinic operations and ensure compliance with JC standards.
- Perform necessary administrative duties that include maintaining statistical records of your workload; operate and manipulate automated systems such as Composite Health Care System (CHCS)/Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Ambulatory Data Module (ADM), and participating in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commanding Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Physician will possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate Degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Shall have a strong working knowledge of the military healthcare system.
Certifications/Licensures: Must possess current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: ABPMR?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS for Healthcare Providers?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR?
- How many years of Physiatrist experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?