|Position||Physician (Craniofacial Plastic Surgeon)|
|Location:||Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, DC|
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Craniofacial Plastic Surgeon to fill openings with a company located on Joint Base Andrews, MD and Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling, DC.
Interested candidates should be a graduate of a Diploma, Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program and have a minimum of ten (10) year experience within preceding 13 years in the specialty.
- Perform as MTF expert as a Craniofacial Plastic Surgeon.
- Serve as interim director of the Cleft Clinic, evaluating patients presenting with craniofacial anomalies with subsequent creation and delivery of treatment plan.
- Perform a preoperative assessment of the patient presenting for craniofacial reconstruction.
- Perform of invasive procedures and operations for correction of craniofacial deformities due to trauma and congenital or acquired anomalies.
- Maintain professional competency involving clinical skills and knowledge through participation in professional organizations, self-directed journal readings, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Complete all forms and reports accurately and promptly when appropriate.
- Instruct and teach the NCR members as necessary. Facilitate complex cases involving invasive monitoring and vaso-active infusions. Provide patient education on therapy, medications, and procedures when necessary.
- Participate in the clinic quality assurance, utilization review, risk management, and peer review activities. Attend medical staff meetings as required.
- Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through interviews with patients.
- Examine patients and determine required radiology examinations and clinical laboratory tests. Medical care shall be provided to all beneficiaries authorized care in AR 40-3.
- Interpret tests results and evaluate findings.
- Prescribe specific medication(s), diet, treatment modalities and oversee nursing personnel in providing appropriate care to the patient.
- Provide consultation services for members of the MTF staff for purposes of specialty area training.
- Provide advice and opinions upon request by the Chief, Plastic & Reconstructive Service or the referring physician in support of patient care and treatment.
- The Contract HCP shall be responsible for providing medical care during the required work hours and shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
- Shall assume additional administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinic operations and ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Physician will be a graduate of a Diploma, Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program.
Certifications/Licensures: Must possess current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
Must be Board Certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and completed a specialized fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery.
Possess a current Drug Enforcement Agency registration for controlled substances.
Possess a valid unrestricted current license to practice as a Plastic Surgeon in any U.S. state or the District of Columbia.
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How many years of Plastic Surgery experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS for Healthcare Providers?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Board Certification in Plastic Surgery?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR?
- Do you have the following license or certification: DEA Registration?
- Do you have the following license or certification: valid unrestricted current license to practice as a Plastic?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?