|Position||Registered Nurse – ICU|
Currently seeking Intensive Care Unit (Clinical) RNs for opportunities with a Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Nursing, current RN license and ICU experience.
Requirements of the ICU Registered Nurse (RN)
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Valid, unrestricted, RN license at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US
- Continuously employed, for a minimum 3 years, as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a hospital or clinical setting; and employed for 1 year as an ICU RN in a hospital or clinical setting
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other healthcare providers
- Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members
- Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing
- Knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65)
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable
- Knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty
- Experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated medical records
- Be a U.S citizen
Responsibilities of the ICU Registered Nurse (RN)
- Provide services to the medical staff, support staff, inpatients and outpatients for the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for infant to geriatric patients using the nursing process.
- Occasionally, provide services at one of the other sites within the National Capital Area, Joint Task Force National Capital, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda Naval Hospital, MD 20889 as needed to meet its mission.
- Responsibilities include but are not necessarily inclusive of tasks in which the HCW shall provide.
- All services shall be performed in accordance with established principles, practices, and ethics of the medical, and specialty professions/organizations.
- The standards of performance shall reflect the degree of care, skill, and learning expected of a reasonably prudent Registered Nurse.
Job Type: Full-time
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Registered Nurse (RN)?
- How many years of ICU experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?