|Position||Registered Nurse (ICU)|
Registered Nurse (RN) will provide services to the medical staff, support staff, inpatients and outpatients for the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Provide intensive nursing care to complex, critically ill patients. Continually assess the condition of 1 to 2 patients for potential or life-threatening crisis or up to 3 step-down equivalent patients. React to any emergency situation, e.g., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma, and psychiatric reaction. Serve as a member of resuscitation team.
- Operate cardiac monitors, hemodynamic monitors, and specialized unit equipment safely and effectively. Comprehend the underlying principles of pacemakers. Interpret cardiac rhythms, determines the implications of data and makes indicated interventions, including the provisions of Advance Life Support (ACLS). Care for patients with Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and mechanical ventilator, operate a defibrillator, EKG machine, and cardiac monitor.
- Safely administer prescribed medications to include IV push drugs and IV drips. Monitor and documents patient(s) responses in a timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to correctly integrate knowledge of drug actions with homodynamic concepts.
- Adeptly care for patients on ventilators; can troubleshoot alarms/machines and recognize airway problems, initiates appropriate interventions. Understand ventilator concepts. Assess patients’ conditions for potential or life-threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment). Plan appropriate nursing care set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines.
- Manage and assess intra-cranial pressure monitoring data, integrates concepts of cerebral perfusion with data analysis, symptomatology, and initiate appropriate nursing intervention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A graduate of a Diploma, Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program.
- Certification and Licensure: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Valid, unrestricted, RN license at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US.
- Experience: Continuously employed, for a minimum of three years, as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a hospital or clinical setting; and, employed for one year as an ICU RN in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Be a U.S citizen.
Job Type: Full-time
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: ACLS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS/CPR?
- Do you have the following license or certification: PALS?
- Do you have the following license or certification: RN?
- How many years of ICU experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?