|Location||Fort Riley, KS|
CentralCare Inc. is currently seeking a Dental Assistant for an opportunity in Fort Riley, Kansas. The ideal candidate will possess 6 months of recent clinical dental assisting experience and completed required training.
Responsibilities of the Dental Assistant
- Examine patient’s oral cavity to include mouth, throat, and pharynx, and record conditions of teeth and surrounding tissues. Refer patients to dentist who have abnormalities to include cavities, defective filings, suspicious growths, or periodontal disease.
- Apply desensitizing and other topical agents to treat abnormalities to include gingivitis and oral ulceration.
- Instruct patients, individually and in groups, in proper oral hygiene care using materials to include teeth models, displays, slides, toothbrushes, dental floss, disclosing tablets and mirrors.
- Demonstrate proper techniques of brushing, flossing, and use of necessary periodontal aids.
- Explain the common causes of tooth decay and its relationship to general diet.
- Take impressions and construct sports/safety mouth guards and soft night guards for vital bleaching.
- Polish restorations and apply pit and fissure sealants.
- Chairside dental assisting when directed by the Officer-In-Charge of the dental clinic.
- Record patients treated. Check and maintain instruments to insure working conditions. Clean, sharpen, and sterilize instruments.
- Patient workload, readiness, and scheduling. Utilizes the corporate dental application to enter patient specific workload and readiness status and also for patient scheduling
- May be required to perform services at other DENTAC clinics.
Requirements of the Dental Assistant
- Graduate from a formal dental assistant training program
- Minimum 6 months of clinical dental assisting experience within the last 3 years.
- Must have completed training or have dental assisting experience within the past 3 years
- Must possess a Certificate of Training in Radiology that validates they have completed courses on the following topics: radiation physics, radiation biology, radiation health, safety and protection, X-ray films and radiographic film quality and radiographic techniques that meets or exceeds 42 C.F.R. The Certificate of Training may be obtained subsequent to a didactic/classroom education or a didactic electronic course such as available from the American Dental Association, the American Dental Assistant Association or other approves source.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association and reads “BLS Provider” in the subjects listed
As an incentive, we offer extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: BLS?
- How many years of Dental Assistant experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you in Fort Riley, KS?